Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MEGALH TETARTI


It has been a cool day in Vrahassi, windy and cloudy. A typical April day really. I just know that Easter Day will be sunny, especially as it will be our first Easter in our new home. Things are hotting up now for the 'moving the bed' ceremony tomorrow. I'm going to keep out of the way until it is in position and then 'whoopee', a proper bedroom and a bathroom with a hot bath. Shame about the kitchen but that will come after Easter.

There is not much evidence of Easter week in Vrahassi. No bangers going off as in previous years. Maybe the economic situation means that people are saving all their bangers for Easter Saturday. The village is very quiet this evening. David and I have just been to Yianni's for a plate of chips and a lovely Greek salad and now it is computer time before tucking up for the last night in the room above the bar. Oh how I shall miss the leaking roof and the tight metal stairs up to 'the room'. And we shall have our lovely sofa for comfort. The champagne is on ice!

My cello lesson went well, as did my latest piece of artwork it is called 'Anthropos'. Now I have to get serious and maybe do one for the 'Touch Festival' in Agios Nikoloas - the theme, 'Rhythms', my sort of thing I think.

So, that's it for today, so much to pack in tomorrow I had better make a list.
Byeeeeeeeeee Jane x

1 comment:

dillydilly said...

That should be MegalH Tetarti. You presume to teach Greek? And you don't know the gender of days of the week, which is as basic as you can get....