Monday, April 27, 2009

HERAKLION PHILHARMONIC AT THE REX IN AGIOS NIKOLAOS

What a great start to the week! Last night David and I went to Ag Nik to see the Heraklion Philharmonic and what lovely music they produced. About 40 professional musicians entertained with a wonderful programme of popular classical music which included a delightful Carmen. The musicians were very enthusiastic and very skillful and responded to the conductor with absolute precision. There was music from Bizet, Shostakovich, Verdi, Piazzola, Rossini, Tchaikovsky, Verdi and Strauss, all a joy to listen to and watch in performance.

My 'Thank you' to the powers that be for arranging such a concert, I shall certainly look forward to the next.

My walk went well this morning, lots of beautiful new blooms to spot in the hedgerow and on the Nature Reserve.

The 'Flowers of Crete' organisation will be holding a Spring/Summer Fayre next month I will check out the date before publicizing, but it might just be worth attending. There will be lots of home made produce and all sorts of stalls, games and music and fun. It will be held in Vrahassi, outside under my pergola (and inside coffee and drinks at the bar).

If you have any 'stuff' that we can sell, please bring it to me in Vrahassi.

No comments: