Sunday, April 26, 2009

APRIL SOIREE IN VRAHASSI

Not quite an 'all ladies' soiree, but I missed the photograph of Wolf reading a beautiful poem in German and in English. Virginia also read a poem in German which was read in its English translation by Jane. Sylvia once more picked out 'Liverpudlian' humour from Roger McGough and Jan delighted with Wordsworth. I played Fantasy in D minor by Mozart on the piano and the evening was rounded off with 50's, 60's and 70's songs sung by Jean on guitar. Another splendid Soiree. Come along to the next one on Saturday 30th May, and share your favourite poem or give a short recital. Did I miss someone - yes I did, Jill. How could I have done that? Jill who entertains us at every Soiree with her own unique poems, sometimes she makes us feel sad and sometimes she makes us laugh, this time we had a little of both. (Sorry, photo next I promise).














No comments: