Sunday, February 12, 2012

Waiting For Spring - A Poem by Jane Sharp

Waiting For Spring 

I have moved through the hours, a leafless tree,
Through the cold dark hopeless days of winter,
Waiting for a sun-kiss to warm my cheek,
To rid the meloncholy from my rings,

My drooping limbs, bowed boughs of December,
Like the arms of desperate ballerinas
Wanting to be swans, wanting to be swans
In that soft-cygnet white of virgin maids,

I am ready for the company of spring,
With its chattering sparrows, and rainbows,
And those tingling roots that make me want to
Reach out and touch the sky with my blossom.

Jane Sharp

1 comment:

Mark said...

We are Scottish Highland enthusiasts but liked this poem I serendipitously came across. Crete is one of the few places I would love to go back to one day. You might like poemblogtwelve.blogspot.com best wishes, Mark.