Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Best Valentine's Gift Ever!

Do You Remember Your First Valentine

by Dave on February 14, 2012 · 1 comment
I met my first valentine aThe swinging sixtiest a Boxing Night dance in a small Yorkshire village close to where I lived called Long Preston, in fact I first noticed this girl in the local pub a little earlier that evening. She was only 14 years old, I was 17 at the time and she was the first girl I had plucked up the courage to ask for a dance. I have to admit that a modicum of alcohol did help in the courage department, and I remember walking her home as her older cousin came looking for her, he didn’t stop me giving that beautiful young girl a goodnight kiss though.
That was over 46 years ago but it was over a year later before we started dating, as I look back I wonder what happened to those two young people who went on to get married, against my parents wishes, a year later, Jane was just 17 and I was a month short of being 20.
We had no money and a week before the wedding no home but we managed to rent a run down terraced property off a local farmer just a few days before the wedding, in fact I was the only one missing at my bachelor party the night before the wedding. I was busy painting our new home but my mates said it was a great party.
There wasn’t much money about at the time and we only had 26 guests at the wedding and for our honeymoon we went to stop with my Aunty Anne and her family for a few days as I had to be back at work mid-week.  On the train down to Coventry, yes we were honeymooning in the industrial heartland of England, we sat next to another couple of newlyweds and they were going to the Caribbean for their honeymoon – enough said!
Our parents and most of our friends didn’t give us a cat in hells chance of making a go of our marriage but what they didn’t realise was that apart from the lust, and thankfully we had plenty of that, we had a deep love, passion and desire to start our own family.
Jane and David Sharp
Those youngsters are still in there.....somewhere!
Like any couple we have had our ups and downs, our highs and lows, our tragedies and our triumphs, we survived bankruptcy and triumphed but our greatest achievement can be seen in our son David Jnr and his two girls Star and Jade, our daughter Joanne and her son Jack! Of all our achievements you lot are the greatest.
Jane once again I’m sorry I missed the red roses but who knows…one day you’ll get them! We have had one heck of an adventure together and right now I feel as though it’s just beginning, in fact I know it’s just beginning.
So finally let me draw a parallel between our story and your story as a budding home business owner. Our friends and family did not give us a chance, nor will your friends or family, do not worry about it you know what you want, have the love passion and desire for it and you will make it happen.
Never give up and never stop working towards your goals and whilst your at it check out my marketing system that will give you all the training and tools necessary for you success. Click here: http://DaveSharpMarketing.com.

I couldn't resist sharing this beautiful post on my blog. What a journey we are having! This is the success of life, love, it is truly the most important thing. My wonderful David, I am so lucky.
Jane x

No comments: