Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Rain in Crete

It's time to go home, it's raining in Vrahassi. Actually, the rain only lasted about 5 minutes, but it was enough to cause us to sit and have another beer before we trundled up the hill for the last time, this trip.

It would have been good for the olives, but apparently there are no olives on the trees this year. Last year there was such a bumper clop, that the trees are resting this time round. Ah well, all the sand that was dumped on the village from a very murky, yellowy sky, this morning, was happily washed away.

The winds have calmed down now, which is a good thing because high winds and airplanes don't really mix very well.


I think water must have got into the works, or maybe the battery was simply knackered, but there was a clicking and a tapping of the engine. Then the guys of the village got into action and solved the problem. The old, beaten up, pick up truck, was towed away in the direction of a downhill slope. I hope they got it going.

 Well that's all for now, from Vrahassi. I won't stop blogging, but I won't be on site for a few weeks. I will have contact with the village, and I will be keeping an eye on things.

And for reading matter on the plane, tomorrow, I have Antony Robins' book, Awaken The Giant Within. I'm reading it for the second time round, and can thoroughly recommend it.


Bye for now, love and hugs,
Jane x


No comments: