Sunday, January 17, 2010

IS THE RECESSION BEGINING TO BITE VRAHASSI?

This is the olive factory in Vrahassi. It is not the most well kept building in the village as you can see. I am not sure whether there just are not enough olives on the trees this year (I know it is a bad year) or whether the local farmers are taking their olives to another factory. The yard is almost empty whereas at this time of year it is usually full of sacks of olives waiting to be processed. I also heard yesterday that a good number of Sissi restaurants have been closed down because they had not got the right papers, or maybe hadn't paid bills, I am not sure which. Anyway I was told by one of the restauranters that there would only be 6 restaurants open in Sissi this year. Things are a bit 'grim' eh?














No comments: