Saturday, December 10, 2011

GRAPE SPOON SWEET PRESERVE

So, there's no chocolate in the house, let me see, grapes, they are good for my diet. How abou this 'grapey' recipe? Hm, just a mo while I beg a bunch of roses from my neighbour. All I can say is, it must be the full moon that's driving me crazy! Better just drink the cup of water and get to bed before I attack the buscuit tin. It was a nice thought though. Exercise day tomorrow.

INGREDIENTS
1 kilo grapes, washed and without stems
½ kilo sugar
1 cup water
A couple of pelargonium rose flowers/leaves
5-6 cloves
1 cinnamon stick


 
PREPARATION
Put all the ingredients in a saucepan to boil on a low fire. As soon as it boils remove all foamy scum. Cook it on the fire until it picks up some colour and the syrup thickens. Afterwards remove flowers/leaves and store preserve in jars.

No comments: