Monday, July 13, 2009

BIRTHDAY WEEK - WHOOPEE!

First a stroll through the top street of Vrahassi in the July heat.





I took energy from the trees and enjoyed a little nature walk.



Meanwhile, oops, Zouki and Pouchi were destroying one of my cushions.




We had lovely drinks and mezedes in Sissi.





And this is me with a Guinness in the centre of Rethymnon.





We did a bit of site seeing...







...and then had lunch.







...followed by a swim at Agia Pelagia on the way home.









...and good old fish and chips in Malia. And after that 'food fest' I'm on salad for a few days. Still we have plenty of tomatoes in our fridge.







Now the celebration is over and it is down to work again. Cello practice first for my debut with our 'ensemble' on the 25th July. It's a private party... very select...and Mozart!
Then my art homework. I took two pictures showing day 1 and day 2. I know what Russell will say, "I'll start with the bits I like, then I'll tell you the bits I don't like."
And after art lesson tomorrow it is back into Greek with beginners class in Vrahassi at 2.30 p.m. Yannis place in the Centre. Do join us if you want some basic conversation skills.
WEDNESDAY - Ladies don't forget 'Coffee and Cake' at my place, 11 a.m. to about 2.00 p.m. Bring food if you want to lunch. (If you haven't had an invite it is an oversight on my part and (providing that you are female and you know me... because we want a good old gossip) then please come along.
So, not much else to report except the joiner has promised to fit my kitchen before the end of July and I shall be very upset if he doesn't.
Now I'm off to learn a bit about David's computer business so that I can 'assist' in more ways than just making coffee.
P.S. Did I tell you that the case with he who shall be nameless was postponed until the 21July? Well it was and we have that to go through again next week. Never a dull moment eh!













1 comment:

Jude said...

Love the drawing/painting Jane. So sorry the case was postponed,must be very frustrating!