Thursday, February 26, 2009

JANE'S POETRY OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED!

Yep, here I am along with other winners in the Poetry competition which was run by the Khronicles newspaper. I collected a couple of 'Wammy' type thingies. One was for best poem written in Greek (how mad is that) and the other and 'honorable' mention for a poem in the English section. Well it was all very uplifting, struggling poets do like to be recognised you know. I wore my tiara for the occasion, it seemed the thing to do.

The two other winners were Kay Farsaraki and Vasiliki Alexaki-Hronaki. The judges were Marina Lagonaki -Kargaki for the English section and Professor of Literature, Dimosthenis Karayiannis for the Greek section.

Of course we each gave a rendering of our poems and then enjoyed nibbles and wine. It was a lovely evening.

Unfortunately David backed the car into a lamppost as he was reversing to leave and I didn't talk to him all the way home. Pity really cause he might have told me how good I was, or even taken me out for dinner or something. But I suppose silence can be very good for poets and it did give me time to ponder on a few words - b....y stupid men! how could he be so b....y stupid! men drivers! He needn't think I'm washing his socks tomorrow! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Naturally I didn't complain when my morning tea arrived at the bedside, and I was glad it was him going out to work in the freezing cold so early in the morning.
I'm not sure whether my painting of the week was 'Freudian' or not (is that spelt right?). Judge for yourselves. And before you say anything it is 'ART' after Modigliani.



1 comment:

Jude said...

Many congratulations Jane, how wonderful.
Sometimes,"silence is golden" maybe not if you are a poet though!!
Hope, weather permitting, to see you tomorrow night