Wednesday, February 11, 2009

CELLO LESSON TODAY!

Got to get the hang of a straight bow, tuning with harmonics, and sitting up straight, apart from that all went well. It was a glorious day again today and I enjoyed my trip to Kritsa for my music lesson. Kritsa seems a very agreeable place even though workmen had dug up the road which leads to Gillian's house, something to do with the water. On the way back I called at Liddle for my shopping, bang went 100 euro - pity we have to eat, eh! Anyway the larder is stocked for another week.
Vrahassi is very quiet at the moment, the olive factory is still working but only for another week or so, the price offered for oil this year is 1 euro 90 cents and I am sure that many people have not bothered with all the work for so little a return. Either that or maybe they have taken their olives to another factory, some years the press is still going well into March.

I have done my 'art' homework, a portrait of Nikos Kazanzakis, when it's dry I'll take a picture and post it. This is me and Rosemarie in Russell's studio.

Tomorrow is Greek class, 2.00 p.m. Beginners. This week we shall take a look at more 'nouns'. I have got my new site http://anavlohos.com/ up and running and will be working on that to make it more interesting. Take a look, it is a site to promote the walks and give interesting info about plant life etc.
Greekish things,
David and I were just about to have our tea about an hour ago when up our stairs comes... a cousin of 'he who shall not be named'. Said cousin doesn't live in the village so didn't know that we were closed (even though he was in the bar on Friday last and I told him we were only open Thursday and Friday night). Never mind though, I asked him to stop for a drink. Not being around for a year he did't know about 'he who shall not be named' (and even though I had told him the story on Friday last, it hadn't registered) Never mind though. It hadn't registered about the 'no smoking' in the bar either but he soon realized when there were no ash trays about and 'no smoking' signs everywhere (even so, did that stop him smoking?) not on your life, I pity anyone who passed by in the street when he flung his tab ends out of the window. Never mind though (Friday last he stuffed them in my candle holder on the table). The best thing was his reaction to me writing, painting, learning to play the cello, you know what he said? 'WOMEN ARE NOT MEANT TO DO THOSE THINGS' aggggghhhhhhhhhh!
Never mind though, eh?

More tomorrow,
Jane x




No comments: