Monday, June 25, 2012

Odd Poets, Musicians and Dancers, Entertain in Agios Nikolaos.

Founders of the Odd Poets of Crete, Jan and Jane.
My poem The Old Cafeneion Chair, brought a few smiles!
Kyria Maria, who is in charge of the Cultural Committee of Agios Nikolaos, and Kiria Paroula of the Lycium of Greek Women, opened the event.
I played Chariots of Fire on the keyboard, suitably wired for sound, together with Caroline on the flute.
That went down well, then I changed hats and became Jane the Poet again!

I had strong competition, Ola read one of her favourite poems, in Polish.



Barbara read in Russian


Ania read in Polish, and Natalia in French (Sorry I don't have a picture of Natalia)

Then we had a little sing along with Jean and Brian

Followed by fabulous Greek music and dancing
The ladies were accompanied by Dimitris Thrapsaniotis.

A few Mandinathas (Greek poems) from Dimitri Kyriakakis.

A rendering of a part of Homer's Games of Reconcilliation) by Gavin and Daniel.

And local poet Gill, read her poems, The Flower, and Experts, in English.

And in between it all The Emerald Trio played a little Irish music.

Then we all relaxed and enjoyed one last dance before the sun went down.
                                                                                                             What a splendid evening it was, my debut in the limelight at Agios Nikolaos. Wow! Where to next? Oh and I forgot to mention that the Mayor of Agios Nikolaos was in the audience too. V.I.P's no less!

No comments: