Sunday, December 5, 2010

PHOTOVOLTAIC PANELS AT FOURNI

I have been going to Fourni for the past couple of Fridays, to play piano for a lovely flautist. What a surprise I had the first time I entered the village. Just on the very edge of Fourni is a field full of these panels which generate electricity from the sun. I was shocked at first, but then got to thinking how much better this was than the ugly power plant on the coast just outside Heraklion. If we are to embrace alternative technology to help sustain our need for electricity, then we have to accept new landscapes. I have to say, I do prefere the roof top variety, but then again, I have seen much uglier buildings than these panels. I wonder how long it will be before Vrahassi has a couple of fields full of the same.


MUSIC ALL THE WAY TO CHRISTMAS!

Don't miss the Rainbow Choir's annual Christmas Carol Concert, to be held at the Hermes Hotel in Agios Nikolaos, on Saturday 11th December, at 8.00 p.m. There will be lots of mulled wine and food, and a raffle with fantastic prizes, like a trip to Santorini.

I will be playing the cello with fellow students, on the 12th December, at a private gathering of friends, and the week after going to the Christmas concert of the philharmonic at Rethymnon. In between all of that, I hope to take to the streets with Valentino and play carols. Anyone who would like to join me, listen out for a meeting in Sissi, to arrange a date.

Jingle Bells and Deck the Hall, Christmas is coming!

No comments: