Saturday, December 25, 2010

AND SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS!




I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I sang, I swam, I played cello, and I shared a whole load of food and drink with my friends. Not quite a traditional Cretan Christmas, but the two merged together very well.







On Santa's trail in Rethymnon!






The 'switch on' of Sissi Christmas tree. Gillian, Julie and I did play, but as yet no photo.










Sissi boys enjoying the evening.





Christmas Eve, Julie and I played carols and all our friends sang along. We were outside the Oasis bar, which is opposite the big church in Neapolis. Later that night David and I had a few friends around for Christmas Eve drinks, and...



...then there was Christmas Day! First a chat with our family in England as they opened their presents. Then cosies on and off again. So few crazy people on the beach that day, but David and I didn't let the side down. Together with Mark and Jim, we took the cold plunge and enjoyed every minute.















Then it was back to Vrahassi for a lovely hot shower, and off to Ian and Diana's house for a wonderful Christmas dinner.




And now, David is back in his overalls working on our extension ready for Jo coming to stay this summer, meanwhile, I have just finished polishing and vaccuming, preparing yet more food and catching up with my e-mails. The dogs are sitting in the sunshine outside, and all is peace and quiet. A perfect re-charge day. I hope your Christmas time is as good as ours.
To all my blog readers, I wish you the very best for a wonderful New Year.
Oh, and that reminds me - Cosmos bar in Vrahassi, has been refurbished, new toilets, new tables and chairs, new most everything, and it is now open for drinks and nibbles. George, who runs the place, says it is a Raki Bar. We popped in on his first night. For sure it is a welcome addition to the night spots of Vrahassi.
Love and all things nice, Jane x

No comments: