ARE YOU REGISTERED TO VOTE IN THE LOCAL/EUROPEAN ELECTIONS?
IF YOU ARE THEN PLEASE MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH
According to the new law of Kallikratis, Vrahassi/Sissi/Milatos will belong to the new Town Hall of Agios Nikolaos as from 1st January 2011. The Mayor of this council will be Dimitris Kounenakis. Representatives for the Vrahassi area will be voted in at the elections which are to take place on November 7 2010.
The candidates for the central town council are as follows:
1. Alexandra Souladaki - Assistant architect
2. George Datseris - Doctor
3. George Neratzakis - D.E.I. staff
The candidates for the local council of Vrahassi/Sissi/Milatos are:
1. Michalis Petsalakis - Seaman/Farmer
2. George Fthenakis - Taxi driver/owner
3. Maria Lebidaki - Owner of 'Traditional House' museum
4. Daterina Androulaki - Taverna owner, Milatos
So, out with the old and in with the new. I look forward to seeing you all on voting day. I know who I shall be voting for, do you?
(I was very kindly handed this information for my blog by Michalis Petsalakis, who also included a very kind note, directed at ex-pats, which read: 'We consider you equall members of our society and we hope with your vote and assistance to win a better future for our area.')