Monday, November 8, 2010

ELECTION DAY IN VRAHASSI

Meet Yanni and Alexandra Souladaki who are very prominent politicians of the PASOK party (this is equivelent to English Labour Party). I met them both yesterday and immediatedly warmed to them. They are very professional. Alexandra Souladaki is hoping for a place on the new Council of Agio Nikolaos, representing Vrahassi - I wish her well. Of course I must say I was swayed a little when I found out that Alexandra lists poetry as one of her creative pastimes.








Voting took place in the Doctor's surgery above Plateia cafeneion, for the local election, and in the Council offices for the Government election.
Vrahassi was extremely busy all day. I was told today that it was 4.30 a.m. before all the votes had been counted. As far as I can understand (and I may have got it wrong) but I think Michaelis Petselakis and George Fthanakis (Taxi Driver) were elected. There seems to be some confusion about whether or not Alexandra Souladakis has made it and there may be a re-count or a re-vote on that one. I will try to find out more later.
Meanwhile will you please read my next post concerning FREE GREEK LESSONS.
Thanks, Jane x




No comments: