Friday, August 21, 2009

MEETING WITH THE MAYOR!

It was a lovely day today, blue skies, a cooling breeze, birds trilling their little hearts out, I potted a few cuttings, talked to my flowers, then there was cello practice, I did the little wifey bit in the kitchen (cooking that is), spent some time building my www.anavlohos.com web site (you might like to take a look), added a few pictures to facebook, sent a few e-mails, and then it was time to take a stroll with David and Zouki.

Ah the joys of living in Vrahassi! We took the old path up past the windmills and over the other side dropping down past the graveyard, all was just so idyllic...

UNTIL...

WE PASSED BY OUR LAND BEHIND THE GRAVEYARD AND SAW THAT A SECTION OF IT HAD BEEN BULLDOZED AWAY AND THREE OF OUR BIG OLIVE TREES UPROOTED AND LYING LIKE FALLEN GIANTS IN THE TILLED EARTH, STRIPPED OF LIMBS.

So (sigh) I telephoned the Mayor who instantly said that he would come to see us tomorrow morning. AM I ANGRY? No I'm calm (deep breath), I'm very, very calm. I'm thinking sweet, floaty bubble thoughts and wondering has anyone ever sued Vrahassi Council before... I suppose there is always a first time!

Sleep tight blogwatchers. Sweet dreams until the morrow!

No comments: