Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ST PATRICK'S DAY

AND HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY from all at the Revolution Bar. Remember this one Mark?

We didn't celebrate this year, but I am sure there are lots of you out there that did, so hope you all had a good Leprechaun time.

Mark is away promoting his new business 'Bug Busters' (see link on Jane's Information Board) and Lydia too of course. I do believe there is a shindig in Agios Nikoloas tonight but I don't feel up to it, I am putting all my energy to being on tip top form for Saturday.

It was Art Class today with the wonderful Russell. I missed last week because I had this 'bug'. It didn't stop me doing my homework though - a painting of a WALL. Well it was a section of a wall to be precise. I thought it wasn't too bad, until I got to Art Class that is. Oh dear, back to the drawing board as they say. It really is not easy to make a wall look real and not like a pattern for a wallpaper. The thing that saved the day was a sort of 'wall look alike' spray that gave a sort of 'cement' effect. What made things worse was that Russell showed us his work of the week and it was sooooooooooooo good. I don't like to give up on 'walls' so I will try again. I know the theory and a few short cuts so we'll see what I can come up with, (probably a brick wall)!



Tomorrow is Cello day! I have practised real hard this week and looking forward to a cheery hour with Gillian, my teacher. I've progressed from 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star' to a bit of Schubert would you believe. I seem to have a following of the older generation who sit on the bench near the statue in the square while I am practising. If the window is open, and the wind is in the right direction they just might be able to hear me.



Good news on the house front. David says that the joiner will come to measure up for the kitchen tomorrow. Whoop, whoop! Will we be in for Easter?

I am so looking forward to living in our new house and being able to come out to work instead of just falling out of bed and into the bar. Not long now.

Earth Hour on Saturday 28th March coincides with our Soiree so we are going to make it a 'candlelit' Soiree. I am asking everyone to bring a candle for the extra light. It should be romantic too. We have some excellent slots booked, music, dialogue, poetry, singing, another good night in the making.

That's me for now, time for bed and a good book. (Yes I did say book!)
Night, night!
Jane x

No comments: