Friday, March 13, 2009

IT'S FRIDAY 13TH!

It is 'Doctor's day' in Vrahassi, and the street has been busy with people coming and going, despite the rainy morning. The postman stopped David in the street and told him that there was a parcel to pick up. Thinking that it just might be the new 'flyers' that I ordered for my 'Flowers of Crete' walk, I rushed down there to collect the said package. The joke was on us though because there was nothing at the post office with the name 'Sharp' on it. We returned to the warmth of the bar and lunch.

Tonight I am to attend a 'Press Conference' for the upcoming talk and slide show which will be given by Nick Turland, Author, about the flowers of Crete, Saturday 21st March. There is much more interest in the project that Julia Jones has set herself i.e. to save the endangered species of wild flowers on Crete. I will, of course, let you know the latest action.

Raffle tickets are selling well, the main prize of a 2 day sailing cruise for 6 people from Heraklion, is of course a wonderful draw.

So, despite the 'iffy' start to Friday 13th, all is well. The rain has stopped, though it is a bit chilly in Vrahassi. All the little old ladies have trotted off for their prescriptions and the street is quiet.

I hope you are all having as good a Friday as I am and continue to enjoy a wonderful weekend.
Byeee Jane x

No comments: