Friday, February 25, 2011

JANE IN COURT AGAIN!

Ha well, just as I thought life might be getting a bit boring 'SPLAM' it hit me in the face yet again!

There I was minding my own business, when Yianni from the cafeneo took the smile of my face by telling me that the police had been asking for me, something to do with, guess who, yep you got it, the nameless person who has caused me so much worry over the last few years, none other than George Stefanakis. And what is it this time? Well it's not a long story.

Way back in September 2008, when this guy, who had been my friend for years, threw a benny and tried to blackmail me, I was so flipping mad with what he was saying in the bars of Sissi, that I posted a picture of him in my office window with the word 'liar' (in Greek 'Ψευτις') on it. Well, his mates telephoned him, and before too long the police arrived (with him cowering in the background). I was taken in to Neapolis police station where I signed a statement.

I suppose it was silly of me to think that would be the end of it. Almost three years down the line I have to appear in court. The 8th of March to be precise. Honestly, if he had been my child he would have had a good spanking! I made a dreadful mistake the day I befriended this man, but hey, we all make mistakes.

When the policeman did find me, a not too dificult task, he served me with the paper, and then told me to put it in my pocket. He then bought me a drink in the cafeneo, shook his head and said words to the effect, "as if the courts haven't enough to do without something like this."
And I certainly agreed. But I suppose a complaint was made, and there has to be a follow through. If you still blogwatch my lovely friends from Tesco's, you will remember the day in question.

Of course I'll let you know what the outcome is.

By the way, I could do with selling a few more of my books 'Tears from the Sun - A Cretan Journey, to pay the costs of this heinous crime. If you haven't looked lately, take a peek at my website: http://janesharp.org/

I also heard yesterday that someone (or two) had been arrested for the spate of break-ins in Sissi. You will be glad (I hope) to hear that it was not me. Local lads though.

Other news -well, it is Neapolis Carnival on Sunday, the week after is Malia Carnival (and Rethymnon same day). Then it is Clean Monday (kites at the ready), followed by Tuesday 8th March - INTERNATIONAL WOMENS' DAY.

And now it is Friday afternoon and time for a bit of cello music. To Tracie, thank you so much for your lovely message. Have a wonderful, peaceful weekend everyone. Bye for now.
Love Jane x

No comments: