Monday, June 22, 2009

SO MUCH GOING ON!

Whilst I was in Kritsa this week I came across this beautiful home that is for sale. (Learn more about it in a couple of days).
It may look like a social outing but 'Greek Class' has got very serious. We now have the wonderful Manolis to give us a lesson each week. Manolis, who taught at Agios Nikolaos comes all the way from Ierapetra to help us along. Some of us used to be in his Advanced class and we were keen to continue. Now I've lots of homework, David too.










Meet Pouchie, he was starving and had a piece of wire around his neck as a collar. Now he has one foot firmly in the door but I am still prepared to give him back if his owner wants to come and collect. Zoukie seems to have taken on the role of mother and seems to know that Pouchie needs a home.














The opening of Julia's exhibition of paintings and photographs got off to a good start with a cheese and wine reception given by the 'Cultural Committee' of Agios Nikolaos. The title of the exhibition is 'Precious Inheritance' and is being held for the next 10 days in the gallery which is in the pedestrian precinct just up from the lake. I wore my tiara of course!











And now it's bedtime! I have a busy day tomorrow. Art class in the morning, Greek lesson for beginners in Vrahassi, 2.30 p.m. and I am sitting in at the Exhibition tomorrow night 6 - 10 p.m. (When am I going to move my stuff from the bar? - It will have to be weekend). Night, night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jane, Could you send me copies of the photos of my exhibition please? Thanks, Julia