Wednesday, June 10, 2009

THE END OF THE 'REVOLUTION BAR'

REVOLUTION BAR - VRAHASSI, CLOSES!
But it is not the end of Jane Guevara!

Thank you to all past customers of my little bar. All good things come to an end as they say. David and I made the decision to close the bar after months of depleted trade. I shall continue with my walks, my music and my artwork and I shall, of course still be blogging and letting everyone know what is happening in Vrahassi (even though it is not a lot). Having said that, there is always some news on the street.

A grandmother swimming with her granddaughter in Sisi the other day had a heart attack and drowned. A sad event indeed. She was a local lady from Sisi.

Gillian and I started the WorldBusk Week in Elounda and will end in Agios Nikolaos on Sunday at midday going for the world record number of people busking at any one time. The money we raise will go towards buying instruments for children in underdeveloped countries. If you would like to donate click on http://www.worldbusk.org/

My Greek for beginners class will be held at Yannis' in the middle of Vrahassi every Tuesday at 2.30 p.m. For more advanced classes join us on a Friday 1.30 p.m. when Mr. Manolis a teacher from Ierapetra will take the class. Ring me for details: 6945 872472

Julia of Flowers of Crete will be holding an exhibition of her art work in Agios Nikolaos next week, 18th June. The venue is the exhibition hall in the pedestrian precinct.

Tomorrow I will post a few pictures of the week but to be going on with here are ladies of Vrahassi waiting to collect their pension.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a shame, I was intending to visit when I come over in July :-( Would like to take part in the beginners' Greek but could only do 2 lessons this time...