Sunday, May 3, 2009

SHEEP SHEERING

Thought you might like to see pics of this event (photos by Gavin). The venue was just below the Monastery of St George Vrahasotis, and the sheep being sheered were those of Lefteris Kivernatakis. My friend Lydia kept a close eye on the lamb to make sure it didn't catch whilst Rosemarie helped the other ladies with salad prep. Thanks for the pics Gav.














...and members of 'Milame Elinika' gathered for a splendid afternoon in Vrahasi. In fact we were having so much fun that I forgot to take more pics. It was a lovely Saturday afternoon in the spring sunshine, a bit on the 'chilly' side but it is only early May. And now, Sunday night and it is raining. It's a good job I've got a jacket for the walk home.
I am going to sort my flower pics and then it will be time to head up the hill. Just to say, 'Get Well Soon' to Ross. Sorry I couldn't talk longer on the phone this morning Dianna. Big bedtime kiss to all my family.
Night, night,
Jane x

Speaking of walks, obviously if it is raining tomorrow then my Monday walk will be 'off'. Let's hope not. The good side is that all my lovely flowers will benefit from the rain.












No comments: