Friday, July 15, 2011

HAPPY TIMES/SAD TIMES

Friends dropped in unexpectedly on my birthday morning. It started the day well.

David bought me a Kindle. Now I can see for myself what Tears looks like as an e-book.

Two very special friends came all the way from England to celebrate with me. It was a week of fun!

We did not go on the boat but we had a perfect view from Thalassinos Kosmos restaurant, on the harbour in Sissi, where the party continued.

And then something really sad happened. Abe Glenholmes lost his life to leukeimia. We are a small ex-pat community in Vrahassi, all of us growing older together. We gathered at the small church in the cemetry to say our last farewells to this quiet man, who had enjoyed his life in the sunshine. Now we must support Elain, who will, I am sure, feel so lost. Our deepest sympathy goes to her and her family, who took care of Abe in his hour of need.

1 comment:

Jude said...

I'm sure you will all be there to give a helping hand..
I have a Kindle...I love it!!!